Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Saving A YouTube Video To Your Computer

I didn't have to setup a you tube account because I already did that when we had the one assignment where we had to download a you tube video into a googl doc presentation.  I must have done it at that point because I tried to figure out where to sign up and kept putting me to my you tube account.

Saving a you tube video was kind of hard at first because I think I was overlooking what I had to do to upload a you tube video.  After posing a discussion question I was quickly answered and I figured it out right away with all the great advice that I was given.  I decided to save it into real player as well as a google doc so I could put it into my blog.  I really want to play guitar since I am a huge metal and rock fan so I chose to pick a video on learning how to play guitar to get me started.  Here is the original link to the you tube video that I chose How To Play Guitar.  To the side is the video that I downloaded from you tube on how to play guitar for beginners.

To see how I downloaded my video go to this link to see the picture that I captured of me choosing the video I wanted for this assignment it isYou Tube Video Picture.   After I uploaded my video I then went back to my you tube account and clicked on the link that it gave me since I downloaded it from somewhere else.  The link to my video is now right here My You Tube Video.

This assignment goes along with standard number one because it facilitates and inspires student learning and creativity.  This is a great tool for students to explore when doing an assignment that they can connect a you tube video that goes along with the content that I am teaching in Biology class.  They would be learning how to use technology appropriately and it would inspire them to be more creative as it has for me since I have been doing the assignments required for this class.  To read more on standard number one go to ISTE NETS T.

No comments:

Post a Comment