Sunday, November 13, 2011

APA Action Research Report

I have used APA guidelines before to write a research report for another education class through FSU.  I was still a little frustrated because it has been a while since I have written in this format.  The biggest trouble I have had was with converting my APA Action Research  Project from a word document into a google doc.  I think the links we were given were really helpful since I haven't written on APA format in a while.  I went to Purdue EDU to brush up on writing in APA format. 

Why this was still a stressful assignment I am really glad that we got to use APA in this class because it is always good to know how to type up a proper research paper.  I am pretty sure that I typed the correct parts that were required for this assignment.  I'm not real sure if I did the tables correctly in APA format, I have never put in tables for and APA formatted assignment.  I understood my results and found that my hypothesis was correct as well as my null hypothesis.  To understand the tables in APA format I went to Purdue EDU Tables

The APA Action Research Project best matches up with standard #5. The assignment we did really goes hand-in-hand with professional growth. The APA Action Research Project incorporated technology tools, student data, self-reflection, and self-growth. By doing this activity it really opened my eyes and allowed me to think about how I could change my teaching style to help benefit all students regardless of their individual learning needs.  I also think that it is great that I got to use a different tech tool that I can share with my colleagues at work.  To read more about standard number 5 go to ISTE NETS T.

I have provided the three links that are within my blog at the bottom as well just in case they aren't working within the blog for some reason.  Link 1 is Purdue EDU, Link 2 is Purdue EDU Tables, and Link 3 is ISTE NETS T.



Link 1
Link 2
Link 3

No comments:

Post a Comment