Thursday, September 15, 2011

Benderconverter

I think the benderconverter tool is really cool and I plan on using this to make some presentations that I can add videos to reiterate what I was teaching my class in Biology.  I would also tell other to use this tool if they have not already heard about it.  To check it out go to  Benderconverter  and download the software for realplayer and start downloading youtube videos and embedding them into your Google Doc Presentations.  Benderconverter not only works for videos but for music as well so this is a really cool tool to have in your back pocket when you want to create a great presentation to blow your colleagues away.

 I chose to do my benderconverter assignment on photosynthesis because that is what I am going over with my students in biology class right now.  To check out my Google Docs Presentation go to Photosynthesis and click on the video for a cool and easy way to remember what photosynthesis is all about. The easiest way I found to embed my youtube video was by using Google Docs Presentation, because I also tried to do it in power point and it was hard to do.

I think that the standards that closely relate to the benderconverter assignment is standard number two and standard number three.  Standard number 2 deals with designing and developing digital-age learning experiences and assessments.  Standard number 3 deals with modeling digital-age work and learning. I feel these two closely relates to this assignment because in standard #2 you want to  design or adapt relevant learning experiences that incorporate digital tools and resources to promote student learning and creativity. In standard #3 you are demonstrating fluency in technology systems and the transfer of current knowledge to new technologies and situations, this is helpful in that you are teaching your students how to us it as well.  To see more examples of how standard number two and three relate to the benderconverter assignment go to ISTE NETS T

I provided two links at the bottom of the page the first one is for the benderconverter and the second one is for my Google Doc Presentation to ensure that anyone is able to see my assignment.

Link 1

Link 2

No comments:

Post a Comment