Sunday, September 25, 2011

Voice Thread Assignment

After using the voice thread tool I found it to be really fun and interesting.  I think it is a really cool technology tool that we as teachers can use with our students in the classroom.  I enjoyed it because it is something I can use in my classroom with my LD students as well as my co-taught classes to help incorporate technology with the content I am teaching.  You can find out more by going to Voice Threads.  I suggest checking it out because it will be worth your while and it will help you be creative in your classroom.

The voice thread required for this class was really fun!  It is really important to watch the two videos to complete the assignment. The first video can be found at Ken Robinson and the second video can be found at Ken Robinson Paradigms.  The two videos I mentioned are very helpful and they make you think of how you are going to motivate your classes to be creative and engaged.  Ken Robinson also talks about ADHD in his first video if I remember correctly.  ADHD is such a big topic and I am glad that Ken Robinson discussed it because if you are not doing anything that is going to hook your class into what you are teaching then the most likely the student with the ADHD as well as the others will not be engaged and it will cause problems in your classroom. The comments I made to our class voice thread can be found at Class Voice Thread.

This assignment covers all areas of the ISTE NETS Standards and is really all about being creative so that we don't end up having those bored students in our classrooms falling a sleep and looking like they would rather be somewhere else. This assignment definitely reflects on standard number one because we are Facilitating and Inspiring Student Learning and Creativity, it also reflects standard number two as well because we are Designing and Developing Digital -Age Learning Experiences and Assessments.  To read more of the standards go to ISTE NETS T.

I have included the voice thread video for what a voice thread is, our class voice thread, as well as the Ken Robinson videos in this order.

Link 1
Link 2
Link 3
Link 4

No comments:

Post a Comment