Friday, September 2, 2011

WORD CLOUDS

Wordle is a really cool tool that anyone can use to create words in different order and shapes to help them remember what they are teaching or studying.  I really believe that wordle is great for Special Education students because a lot of these students are really good at learning through visuals.  To try out this cool technology tool go to Wordle and try it for free it is really worth your time and is fun to do. 

I want to use this tool to help my student organize their thoughts when we are working on a certain content in biology.  I also believe that some of my colleagues would benefit from using this fun tool that they can teach to their classes as well.  I can honestly say that this if the first tool that didn't take too long to understand and create what I wanted to do for my Biology class.

I believe that this technology tool is closely related to standard number 2 because it relates to designing and developing digital-age learning experiences and assessments.  To check out standard number 2 and all of the standards go to ISTE NETS T to learn more about this standard.  I also feel it relates to standard 2 because letter "C" in the standard talks about customizing and personalizing learning activities to address students' diverse learning styles, working strategies, and abilities using digital tools and resources.  By using wordle for example you are doing exactly that for standard 2 letter "C". 

I had to use my jing tool to capture my wordle image so my link does not got to my created wordle that I have in my blog.  For some reason the URL I was given does not but you can view my wordle in the gallery when you hit create wordle.

Link

No comments:

Post a Comment