Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Jing Graphic

I thought it was really cool to use jing and it was really easy to figure out.  I usually just have a blank picture of the animal cell and expect my students to fill it out by using notes or by using their books.  After using jing it gave me the idea to take the boring old blank animal cell and capture the image and add in arrows to the cell parts I feel are the most important for my students to learn.  I also would use this jing to allow my students to create and fill out their own plant and animal cells instead of filling it out the boring way.


I have added the link Here to show you what I did with the boring old blank animal cell that I found on the web. This file can also be found Here at.

I feel this assignment is a great way to model digital-age work and learning.  I really had to develop what I wanted my students to understand and take from this learning tool as well the content I am teaching.  I will be able to accomplish this by using jing by transferring my knowledge to a new situation I have never used.  The standard closely related is ISTE NETS T # 3.  Since I have learned how to snip images and use jing, I have two new ways to copy and paste images in a more efficient and creative way then just clicking copy and paste.

The link below is where I found the boring old printable version of an animal cell.



Link

No comments:

Post a Comment