Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Diigo Instructional Technology

1. I learned that a browser add on is extremely cool and is really helpful when you want to highlight or sticky note something that you were reading and it was interesting and you felt like you should keep it around.  I also found out that I can put bookmarks of resources I like through the Diigo toolbar and share those with other people as well.  This is the first time I have dealt with something like this and it was kind of hard at first but I think I am getting it. By using Web 2.0 I really got a feel for what Diigo was all about and if you have never used Diigo before then you should check out web 2.0.

2. They are useful in the fact that I can look up things a lot quicker and a browser add on seems to keep me organized which I tend to have problems with. The only web browser I am currently using is the Diigolet through firefox.  I found a lot of information for web 2.0 and Diigo through Diigo and Google as well as the Diigo Film.

3. My experience with add-ons is very limited I have never really learned how to use them until this class so I am learning something new and to be honest I am overwhelmed right now but I push myself to learn new things and I am going to continue to do that so I can grow a be a better technology user as well.

4. I have done plenty of installations and so far this has been the smoothest one I have ever done and I was surprised because I expected it to be harder with a lot more steps involved then what there was.  Overall it was really easy and I think that is great.


5. I feel that the standard in the ISTE NETS T closely relates to number 2 because we as educators are always designing and developing authentic learning experiences and assessments for our students to use.  I also feel it relates because we are adapting our learning experiences and incorporating technology that will allow our students to be creative and most likely they will be more inclined to pay attention and want to learn in our classes.  Another reason for me personally because I am a special education teacher would be that it relates to this standard because by using this we can reach all of our students regardless of their learning styles, behaviors, working strategies, and overall use of technology which may or may not be strong. I think it also matches this standard because it allowed me to add what I thought was useful in the classroom as well as what I can now share with my colleagues at work.


Link






No comments:

Post a Comment