Monday, September 12, 2011

Jing Screencast

For the first time ever I had a chance to create a video without using a webcam or a video camera.  I really feel that Jing is an awesome tool and I am so glad that I got to use this tech tool!  To check out this really fun and easy tech tool you can go to Jing.  The video part of this is was actually kind of easy and I was expecting it to be extremely hard and I would have to do it over and over again to grasp how to use the video part of it.  I like this tech tool so much I have shared it with my colleagues at work.

I chose to do my Jing Screencast on the Picasso head because it was a lot easier to navigate and show step by step instructions.  To check out the Picasso head go to Create Picasso Head.  I had a great time using this as my screencast as well as a tech too that I can share with my students in the classroom.  The creativity of the Picasso Head is really awesome for all of my students and I have been telling them about it and they want to learn how to use it. 

 To visit my Jing Screencast go to Jing Video .  I hope you enjoy what I have created and if you don't use Jing maybe this little assignment will change your mind.

I feel this assignment is a great way to model digital-age work and learning.  The standard closely related is ISTE NETS T # 3.  Since I have learned how to snip images and use jing, I have two new ways to capture pictures and capture videos without using a webcam or a video camera.  I can also relate standard #3 to this assignment because we as teachers are collaborating with our students and peers with relevant information and ideas effectively by using a variety of digital-age media formats.  To read more of the standards go to ISTE NETS T.


The tow links provided are for Jing and my screencast as well.


Link 1

Link 2

No comments:

Post a Comment