Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Personality Blog Post #1

My four letter code that I came up with is ESFP.  I agree that the code that I created reflects my personality as a person as well as a teacher.  The main thing that I agree with is that I am outgoing, friendly and accepting of others.  To find your personality go to Myers-Briggs to form a four code that closely relates to who you are as a person.  It is best to read about how Myers-Briggs rates who you are a person before you come up with a four letter code because it might not actually represent who you are unless you read everything first.

My hypothetical temperament is that of an artisan, but I am at the performer level of artisan.  As a performer I am able to delight people around me with my warmth, good humor, with often extraordinary skill in comedy and drama.  I agree with that statement because I am very funny and I do try to keep the people around me entertained as well as in a good mood. I am very social and do try to keep my colleagues from worrying about work all the time and to try and relax and enjoy themselves as well as life. After you have found your four letter code go to Kiersey Temperaments to find out what kind of temperament you have.

The standard I would use for this assignment would be standard number five.  I believe this is the closest standard because for standard number five we are continuously trying to improve professional practice, modeling lifelong learning, and exhibit leadership in school and in our community by promoting and demonstrating effective use of digital tools and resources.  I feel this best fits because as teachers we need to know who we are first before we can teach our students.  If we know our personalities then we will be better equipped to teach our students and be able to change certain things we do as teachers that might bother our students.  To find standard number five and the other standards go to NETS ISTE T

Overall I feel that my four letter code and hypothetical temperament describe me perfectly and this was a cool assignment to work on.  At the bottom I have added the three links that are throughout my blog in this order Myers-Briggs, Kiersey Temperaments, and the NETS ISTE T standards.

Link 1
Link 2
Link 3

No comments:

Post a Comment