Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Personality Blog Post #2

I was impressed that I was pretty close to the personality type that I picked out before I took the actual personality test.  In my first blog post I blogged that I was a ESFP and after taking the personality test it revealed from my score that I was actually a ESFJ.  The main thing that I forgot about myself when I was coming up with my hypothetical personality is that I am a very judge mental person.  To take the personality test go to Personality Test and see if your four letter code matches after the test.

I think that since I know my personality type that it would benefit me in different situations.  When working with students I will be able to be aware of my warm and caring nature for my students when they are in a spot where they want my advice with something.  I do this now with all of my students they are not afraid to come and talk to me if they need something or if they know that they are going to do something that might not be appropriate they ask me for help. To read up on my personality type go to Myers-Briggs.


I can tie in both a group of teachers and group of principals by reflecting on my judge mental side of my personality.  I am very judge mental in that I like to judge people on how they present themselves in front of me and how they react to things that I say as well as how they treat others around me.  I know it is not nice to judge others but that is just how I am and since I know this I am able for the most part not always judging especially when it comes to my colleagues and principals at the school I work at.  I have judged teachers and for the most part I am pretty good judge of character.  To check out my temperament go to Keirsey Temerament.

The standard I would use for this assignment would be standard number five.  I believe this is the closest standard because for standard number five we are continuously trying to improve professional practice, modeling lifelong learning, and exhibit leadership in school and in our community by promoting and demonstrating effective use of digital tools and resources.  I feel this best fits because as teachers we need to know who we are first before we can teach our students.  If we know our personalities then we will be better equipped to teach our students and be able to change certain things we do as teachers that might bother our students.  To find standard number five and the other standards go to NETS ISTE T.

I have also added the link for the personality test, the reading on personality, temperament, and the NETS ISTE T standards.

Link 1
Link 2
Link 3
Link 4

No comments:

Post a Comment